Best Journey Quotes
Find quotes about journeys for every type of adventure. From inspiration and motivation to beautiful sayings you can share with family and friends.
It is amazing how much a few well-crafted words can mean. There are so many ways that quotes can speak to us and they touch each one of us differently.
The quotes shared here are all about travel, use them as inspiration when you are planning your next trip,add them to your travel diary or pass them along to a friend who is about to embark on a journey of their own.
Keep reading to find some truly beautiful journey quotes.
Travel Journey Quotes
Happy Journey Quotes
These quotes are for those about to embark on an exciting new adventure. These are perfect for a happy journey message to a friend or anyone you know who appreciates new journey quotes.
“A holiday is an opportunity to journey within. It is also a chance to chill, to relax. It is when I switch on my rest mode.” -Prabhas
“For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.” – Leonardo da Vinci
“Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” -Andre Gide
“Wherever you go, go with all your heart.” – Confucius
“Stuff your eyes with wonder, live as if you’d drop dead in ten seconds. See the world. It’s more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories.” -Ray Bradbury
Safe Journey Quotes
Have someone that is traveling soon? Give them the best journey wishes with these beautiful safe travel quotes and safe journey messages.
- “The world is waiting for you. Good Luck. Travel Safe. Go!” – Phil Keoghan
- “The more you weigh the harder you are to kidnap. Stay safe. Eat cake.” – Unknown
- “I wandered everywhere, through cities and countries wide. And everywhere I went, the world was on my side.” – Roman Payne
- “The journey between what you once were and who you are now becoming is where the dance of life really takes place.” -Barbara De Angelis
Long Journey Quotes
If your next journey is longer than your average vacation maybe these journey quotes are more suited?
- “To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive, and the true success is to labor.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
- “Let me recommend the best medicine in the world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant country, in easy stages.” – James Madison
Quotes About Enjoying The Journey
The best part of a journey is taking the time to soak it all in and really enjoy each moment. Always be reminded of that with these enjoy the journey quotes.
- “Aim for the sky, but move slowly, enjoying every step along the way. It is all those little steps that make the journey complete.” – Chanda Kochhar
- “She chased rainbows and never once was after the gold. For her, it was merely about the feeling of being alive and finding herself at the end of it. There’s no greater treasure in this world than knowing you are made of the things you believe in.”-Zachry K Douglas
- “Life is a daring adventure or nothing at all.” -Helen Keller
- “And the purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Adventure is worthwhile.” – Aesop
The Journey Is The Destination Quote
Sometimes it is not the actual destination but the journey itself that is most important. Get inspired for your next journey with these beautiful inspirational destination quotes.
- “It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.” – Ursula K. Le Guin
- “Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it.”- Greg Anderson
- “The most important reason for going from one place to another is to see what’s in between, and they took great pleasure in doing just that.” –
- “All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.” – Martin Buber
- “A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving.” – Lao Tzu
Quotes About Journey And Destination
- “Wherever you go becomes a part of you somehow.” – Anita Desai
- “Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not. “ – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Sometimes it’s the journey that teaches you a lot about your destination.” – Drake
- “The beautiful journey of today can only begin when we learn to let go of yesterday.” – Steve Maraboli
- “Success is a journey, not a destination.” – Ben Sweetland
- “A journey is a gesture inscribed in space, it vanishes even as it’s made. You go from one place to another place, and on to somewhere else again, and already behind you there is no trace that you were ever there.” -Damon Galgut
- “The road of life twists and turns and no two directions are ever the same. Yet our lessons come from the journey, not the destination.” – Don Williams, Jr.
Quotes About Beginning A Journey
The start of a journey is often the most exciting part! Get motivated and inspired with these quotes about starting a journey.
- “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.’ – Lao Tzu
- “Once you have traveled, the voyage never ends but is played out over and over again in the quietest chambers. The mind can never break off from the journey.” – Pat Conroy
- “Going by my past journey, I am not certain where life will take me, what turns and twists will happen; nobody knows where they will end up. As life changes direction, I’ll flow with it.” – Katrina Kaif
- “I can’t think of anything that excites a greater sense of childlike wonder than to be in a country where you are ignorant of almost everything.” – Bill Bryson
- “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page.” – Saint Augustine
Quotes About The End Of A Journey
The end of a journey can sometimes be just the start!
- “Once you have traveled, the voyage never ends, but is played out over and over again in the quietest chambers. The mind can never break off from the journey.” –
- “Everyone of a hundred thousand cities around the world had its own special sunset and it was worth going there, just once, if only to see the sun go down.” – Ryu Murakami
- “Travel changes you. As you move through this life and this world you change things slightly, you leave marks behind, however small. And in return, life, and travel, leaves marks on you.” – Anthony Bourdain
- “It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.” – Ernest Hemingway
- “Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta
Journey Together Quotes
Having a friend by your side on a journey always makes it twice as fun. Find the best travel with friends quotes here.
- “A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles.” – Tim Cahill
- “In Life, It’s Not Where You Go, It’s Who You Travel With” – Charles Schulz
- “Friendship is a deep oneness that develops when two people, speaking the truth in love to one another, journey together to the same horizon.” -Timothy Keller
- “Friends are as companions on a journey, who ought to aid each other to persevere in the road to a happier life.” – Pythagoras
Famous Quotes About Journeys
We all know the, every journey begins with a single step quote but famous quotes are famous because they’re good! Find more famous journey quotes below.
- “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” – Mae West
- “Not all those who wander are lost.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
- “The only impossible journey is the one you never begin.” – Tony Robbins
- “I travel not to go anywhere but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
- “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.” – Marcel Proust
Quotes About Roads And Journeys
- “Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey.” – Babs Hoffman
- “To move, to breathe, to fly, to float, to gain all while you give, to roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live.” – Hans Christian Andersen
- “All you need is the plan, the road map, and the courage to press on to your destination. ” -Earl Nightingale
- “Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter,the road is life.” – Jack Kerouac
- “Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Trust The Journey Quotes
Sometimes a journey can seem like it is leading us in all the wrong direction and we have to have faith in our adventures. I think trusting the journey you are on is the perfect way to end this post.
- “Let your mind start a journey thru a strange new world. Leave all thoughts of the world you knew before. Let your soul take you where you long to be…Close your eyes let your spirit start to soar, and you’ll live as you’ve never lived before.” – Erich Fromm
- “It is better to travel well than to arrive.”- Buddha
- “The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be the beginning.” – Ivy Baker Priest
Travel with Meraki – Use these gorgeous quotes in your travel journal, or in handwritten cards for your loved ones. It’s amazing how special a thoughtful note will make someone feel.
More about travel quotes
PIN FOR LATER!
Quotes About Journeys